[Sca-cooks] Homepages was Re: So you want to be a Medieval or Renaissance Cook?

Louise Smithson helewyse at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 10 05:06:14 PST 2005

Aoghann wrote: Many of you on this list have sites up with recipes and pointers.
Perhaps you could remind us of those by emailing them to this list.

Mine is http://www.geocities.com/helewyse

It is almost exclusively recipes and menus from the Italian corpus, which are translated into english for ease of use.  A nice thing about the Italian recipes is their tendency to actually use measurements.  Although you should remember that an Italian pound is about 12 oz, while the Italian ounce is still an ounce.  So no eryen to frighten people with and honest to goodness amounts in many of the recipes.  I think Italian is best, but then again I am known to be biased :-)

Helewyse