[Sca-cooks] RE: Dutch Recipes was Scary Period Food

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Feb 13 16:07:57 PST 2005

   Geertruyt in reference to period Dutch recipes asked:
> Oh Jadwiga, trained research wrangler - you wouldn't happened to have
> previously wrangled that research, have you?  Could you point me to
> them?
Since I am still several days behind on this list someone may have
already mentioned this, but there is this, rather tiny, file in the
FOOD-BY-REGION section of the Florilegium:
fd-Lw-Cntries-msg  (4K)  1/17/01    Period food of the Low Countries.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BY-REGION/fd-Lw-Cntries-msg.html

Late period Dutch paintings also seem to show up a bit when people are
talking about paintings which show foods. Although they aren't recipes,
they do show which food items might have been in use.
fd-paintings-msg  (14K)  6/ 1/00    Period paintings that show food
items.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/fd-paintings-msg.html

Stefan
--------