[Sca-cooks] Re: Michigan

Martha Oser osermart at msu.edu
Wed Feb 16 07:28:15 PST 2005

Christianna wrote:

> I'm going to Michigan this afternoon to celebrate my Mom's 80th birthday, so
> I've set the list to stop delivering emails to me until I get back.
> Have fun and be nice - I'll see you when I return from the frozen northland!
> Christianna

A-hem...  Speaking as one IN Michigan, I can say we are NOT the frozen
northland, at least not right now.  It has been relatively warm (in the
upper 30s to 40s) and raining this week, so much of the snow we had has
melted.  We were supposed to get a big dump of snow last night, but it
stayed south of us, so depending on where you're coming from, you may have
snowy travel, but once you hit the pleasant peninsula, it will just be a
typical Michigan February - grey, grey and more grey, with a forecast of
grey and maybe a little grey thrown in just for fun.

Happy birthday to your mom!  My dad turned 72 yesterday.

 -Helena