[Sca-cooks] Alton Brown News

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Feb 16 08:04:53 PST 2005

Several newspapers are carrying an Alton Brown article in their
food sections this week.
Among the tidbits--
"Brown recently signed a three-year contract with the Food Network to
continue making "Good Eats" and handling play-by-play commentary on the
new "Iron Chef America." He also will start work on a two-hour special
about road food.

"I'm going to travel Route 66 on a motorcycle -- my other great passion -- from coast to coast," says Brown. "Road food used to define American cuisine. It showcased the country's diversity. We're losing more and more of these places, and I'm going out in search of what's there."

Article was in the Chicago Tribune-- under the title
An appetite for science

Food Network's answer man explains science of cooking

By Heather McPherson
Orlando Sentinel

Johnnae