[Sca-cooks] (1994) Milk and Milk Products from Medieval to Modern Times

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Feb 23 14:47:32 PST 2005

As he mentioned on this list, Drakey sent me a nice long message on
some research and hands-on stuff on making kumiss. This will be in the
kumiss-msg file the next time I update it.

However, in the bibliography he mentioned this volume:
> (1994) Milk and Milk Products from Medieval to Modern Times -
> Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Ethnological Food
> Research - Edited by Patricia Lysaught.  It contains an
> article: "Koumiss in Mongol Culture: Past and present" by Joyce S.
> Toomre.

I just thought that this volume might be of interest to any of you
doing research on kefir or other cultured milk products, or maybe even
just simply milk handling, in the Middle Ages. Perhaps it even has some
info on medieval cheese making.

Drakey, do you have any more comments about this volume, to add?

And for you librarians here, how would I find, get, ILL such a volume
as this? Is there a way to get the table of contents for such a volume,
so I can find out how useful it might be, before having someone go
through the effort to ILL it?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas