[Sca-cooks] (1994) Milk and Milk Products from Medieval to ModernTimes

Craig Jones drakey at webone.com.au
Wed Feb 23 15:28:48 PST 2005

> As he mentioned on this list, Drakey sent me a nice long message on
> some research and hands-on stuff on making kumiss. This will be in the
> kumiss-msg file the next time I update it.
>
> However, in the bibliography he mentioned this volume:
> > (1994) Milk and Milk Products from Medieval to Modern Times -
> > Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Ethnological Food
> > Research - Edited by Patricia Lysaught.  It contains an
> > article: "Koumiss in Mongol Culture: Past and present" by Joyce S.
> > Toomre.
>
> I just thought that this volume might be of interest to any of you
> doing research on kefir or other cultured milk products, or maybe even
> just simply milk handling, in the Middle Ages. Perhaps it even has
some
> info on medieval cheese making.
>
> Drakey, do you have any more comments about this volume, to add?
>
> And for you librarians here, how would I find, get, ILL such a volume
> as this? Is there a way to get the table of contents for such a
volume,
> so I can find out how useful it might be, before having someone go
> through the effort to ILL it?

I'm about to go for a audiology test (The machine that goes ping in your
ear) for my medical for the full time permanent job I've landed.  Dream
job for me (both salary and duties).  Business Analyst working in a
power station... How cool is that.

Anyway, the book is in my bookshelf so I'll post the contents and the
ISDN when I get back...

Cheers,

Uncle D.