Ang: [Sca-cooks] bread puddings

agora at algonet.se agora at algonet.se
Sat Feb 26 08:45:49 PST 2005

This is a recipe we has been using in my family for several generations.
Ana

Take bread from yesterday and soak it in warm milk.
Let it calm for several hours.
Beat some eggs (I dont have any proportions, I am recreating from memory
only)
and add it to the mixture.
Cut candied fruits in small pieces and add it to the mixture.
Add cinammon and vanilla as well.
Make a caramel sauce.
Put the mixture in the oven and bake it.
When its almost ready take it out the oven and pour the caramel sauce over
the pudding.
Put in the oven for five minutes more until the caramel has melted in the
mixture.
You can also have cognac or calvados in the mixture.
Bon appetit!
Ana