Ang: Re: Ang: [Sca-cooks] bread puddings

agora at algonet.se agora at algonet.se
Sat Feb 26 09:31:36 PST 2005

The caramel was done by mlelting sugar and adding maybe little water, but
it was very "liquid".
I made my own variation with bites of quinces in the mixture, the contrast
between the sweetness of the mixture and sour sweetness of the quinces was
a really thrilling hit.
Ana

PS: And yes, Adamantius, you are right, the consistence and the flavour reminds of
a custard or a flan.

PS: by the way, I am now giving a lecture about ethnic music in the North of
Sweden, very near the Artic Pole Circle. -20 degrees, cold and frozen, we
are going to a restaurang specialized in gastronomy from the North.
Eelk filé with blueberries and chantarell mushrooms.
Seleriroot and a cheese from the region.
Dessert: creme caramel and a sauce made with cummin and wild berries.
Drinks: vodka with wild berries and beer...