Ang: Re: Ang: [Sca-cooks] bread puddings

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 26 10:49:13 PST 2005

On 2/26/05 9:31 AM, "agora at algonet.se" <agora at algonet.se> wrote:

> The caramel was done by mlelting sugar and adding maybe little water, but
> it was very "liquid".
> I made my own variation with bites of quinces in the mixture, the contrast
> between the sweetness of the mixture and sour sweetness of the quinces was
> a really thrilling hit.
> Ana
>
> PS: And yes, Adamantius, you are right, the consistence and the flavour
> reminds of
> a custard or a flan.
>
> PS: by the way, I am now giving a lecture about ethnic music in the North of
> Sweden, very near the Artic Pole Circle. -20 degrees, cold and frozen, we
> are going to a restaurang specialized in gastronomy from the North.
> Eelk filé with blueberries and chantarell mushrooms.
> Seleriroot and a cheese from the region.
> Dessert: creme caramel and a sauce made with cummin and wild berries.
> Drinks: vodka with wild berries and beer...

<Selene dies of food porn bliss!>

I found out the hard way that wine can be used instead of milk for custards.
I was making a quiche when I found out our milk had turned, so I substituted
dry white wine.  O that was good!  Sweet wine for bread pudding sounds OK by
me, will try it out sometime soon.

Selene in "sunny" California [not very, hail and thunder yesterday]