[Sca-cooks] rosewater

Alexa mysticgypsy1008 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 26 11:23:26 PST 2005

Greetings,

Just a quick question.  I have seen many recipes that
call for rosewater.  I was out and about and found a
wine and cake hobbie store that carried it.  What is
the average price for rosewater and what other places
carry it.

I also have seen a few recipes that call for ground
cardomon.  I have seen it in the grocery store, and it
isn't the cheapest spice.  It was up there in price
compared to saffron.  But this wine and cake store
sold cardomon seeds for like $2- looked like about 1/2
cup of seeds.  Is that worth paying and grinding
myself.  Since most recipes only call for a small
amount?

Thanks
Alexa