[Sca-cooks] Natron

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 2 19:20:13 PST 2005

--- Terry Decker <t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> I asked Paul Buell his opinion of this recipe as to whether the soda was a
> leavening or a flavoring and I remember he believed it was not being used
> for leavening.  I think the conversation may be in the Florilegium.  If not,
> and if you want the comments, I'll try to locate the exchange.

Yes, please.  I will also look in the Floretcetera, but if you come across it first, please post
the goods.  I can't imagine soda being used as a flavoring, but perhaps it served some other
purpose aside from leavening (which it would do anyway as a natural reaction, right???)

William de Grandfort

=====
Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.