[Sca-cooks] Basque, Northern Spain, Catalan, Southern France

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sun Feb 6 10:55:15 PST 2005

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> For the first not yet do I speak or read Spanish or the other languages,
> but I will sooner or later at least read them.
>   Second modern translations of  Northern Spanish, Basque , Catalan,
> Southern France  period books would be great or I do double work with an
> online dictionary .
>  Da
>  P.S.
>   Thanks for the list so far.

Da, if I were you, I'd give up on thinking about learning Basque- find
translations by native speakers. As I understand it, Basque is impossible
for anyone who is not a native Basque to learn- it's structured so
differently from most languages, that you need to be born into the culture
to deal with it. Leraning French for an English speaker, or vice versa, is
incredibly simple by comparison- even the Asian languages can be learned
relatively easily by Europeans, but Basque is a whole different kettle of
fish.

Saint Phlip,
CoD

 Blacksmith's credo.