[Sca-cooks] Pots and Pans

a5foil a5foil at ix.netcom.com
Tue Feb 8 05:32:00 PST 2005

No rants, and I am currently out of lemons.

I prefer Le Creuset -- I have one round Dutch oven that's about 30 years
old, rather stained now but still going strong. However the stuff is
expensive and the available shapes/sizes aren't good for everything. I have
a really great 5-quart non-stick chef's pan with a glass lid, made by
Wearever. I use some Calphalon -- a couple of saucepans, a 3-quart
straight-sided saute pan and a 6-quart tall soup pot -- but I "retired" the
frying pans in favor of cheap, put-it-in-the-dishwasher non-stick ones. I
have an old amber glass Visions double boiler, which I really like because
you can see when the water is about to run out. My stock pots and pasta pot
are relatively inexpensive stainless. I have never been a big fan of plain
cast iron, because I like to actually scrub my pots and pans, but I do have
a cast iron skillet that I use exclusively for cornbread. Oh, and my one
heirloom piece is a heavy aluminum reversible pancake griddle / bacon pan --
flat on one side, ridged on the other -- that belonged to my grandmother.

Cynara