[Sca-cooks] Estrella Cooks

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 8 16:10:28 PST 2005

--- Michael Gunter <countgunthar at hotmail.com> wrote:

> We've had a couple of people not able to make it
> on Thursday. I understand that is still a travel day
> for many. But Friday and Saturday are usually booked
> solid. Early Sunday maybe? I have to leave around
> 5:00 pm but a lunch could be nice. I'd hate for
> people to miss something like this if they really
> want to be there.

Why not have a set 'check-in' point, where folks can stop by from time to time to see who is
milling about?  This might help those who cannot make it to the big shindig, by allowing them to
get together with whomever does happen by during the event.  If you really want to meet a lot of
the SCA-Cooks folks, you could stop in more often, but you are not bound to a certain time.  Maybe
offer a message board for those who wish to meet a particular person?  "Lord Castlenut, I would
really love to meet you, and will be popping into the Meeting Point at 8pm Saturday, and again at
3:30 on Sunday afternoon.  Hope you can make it.  Lady Rolenspiel Von Hastyhampster"

Just a suggestion.  This would also be a great place to offer up special goodies for your
road-weary travellers...perhaps with comment cards to fill out???

William de Grandfort

=====
Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.