[Sca-cooks] Lemons in Middle English

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Feb 9 00:50:23 PST 2005

  William de Grandfort declared:
> Sheesh... so much wind over the poor, lowly, sour lemon :)  You'd think
> I had accused the Pope of sodomy.
"The" or "A" Pope? For the latter, that might actually be easier to
prove than the stuff about lemons being used in England in a particular
time period. I can't remember off the top of my head which Pope it was,
but one was sleeping with his daughter, so sodomy probably isn't that
far a stretch.

There are whole books written about the Popes, so I haven't tried to
catalog much about them, but there is this Florilegium file:
popes-msg         (10K)  5/25/99    Roman Catholic Popes in period.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com