[Sca-cooks] An offer (in regards to flood of recent snippy posts)

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Wed Feb 9 09:09:16 PST 2005

Daniel Myers wrote:

[snip]

> A "repeater" email list which forwards the full content of
> the SCA-Cooks mailing list (there will be *NO* censoring),
> but with an addition to the subject line to indicate if a
> post is off topic, out of period, social chatter, antisocial
> rant, etc....

Who is going to add those tags to the subject line?

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?

> This should allow list members to more easily ignore posts
> they don't want to read, or even to set up automatic email
> filters.

I have seen this kind of suggestion on *every* internet forum
(WEB bulletin board, eMail list, or newsgroup) that I have ever
used.

A better effort would be to begin by finding out what people
*want* the SCA-Cooks list to do ... then design the solution.

Analysis then synthesis.  NOT the other way around.

[snip]

> - Doc

I am,
Lord Vincenzo Martino Mazza,
In Service to the Dream

--
Martin G. Diehl

http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=MGD

Reality: That which remains after you stop thinking about it.
  inspired by P. K. Dick