[Sca-cooks] Out of the food topic altogetherrantAuthenticitypolice

Jeff Gedney gedney1 at iconn.net
Wed Feb 9 10:24:36 PST 2005

>Trust me, I know.  I've been getting off-list replies from
>members of this list for a while now.

There really isnt any reason for people to mutter to each other "Hey! they are using strange words, and I dont know what they mean!!"

The whole point of this list is to spread information, not reserve it to a slect elite.  Many of the experience cooks here spend a lot of time publishing their researches (for free) and teaching.

They would NOT do this if they just wanted to be worshipped as a secret cabal of cooking semideities.

People, I cant express this strongly enough:
If someone uses a term you dont understand or a recipe comes by with a term that you dont get, ASK.

"Hey what do you mean when you use the word 'redact'"?

"Hey what's 'Eyron' in this recipe"?

Nobody is gonna bite your head of for wanting information.

One thing that this list IS not about is hiding information.

We ALL were beginners at one time.
I at least know that. I am sure form my many conversations on and off list, that a lot of us here "get it".

one of my personal mottoes is:
The ONLY "dumb question" is the question that is unasked.

Capt Elias
-Renaissance Geek of the Cyber Seas

If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather
wood, divide the work, and give orders.  Instead, teach them
to yearn for the vast and endless sea.
  - Antoine de Saint Exupery