[Sca-cooks] Online Glossaries was Something else entirely

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 9 11:12:56 PST 2005

--- Jeff Gedney <gedney1 at iconn.net> wrote:

> People, I cant express this strongly enough:
> If someone uses a term you dont understand or a
> recipe comes by with a term that you dont get,
> ASK.
>
> "Hey what do you mean when you use the word
> 'redact'"?
>
> "Hey what's 'Eyron' in this recipe"?
>
> Nobody is gonna bite your head of for wanting
> information.
>
> One thing that this list IS not about is hiding
> information.
>
> We ALL were beginners at one time.
> I at least know that. I am sure form my many
> conversations on and off list, that a lot of us
> here "get it".
>
> one of my personal mottoes is:
> The ONLY "dumb question" is the question that
> is unasked.
>
> Capt Elias
> -Renaissance Geek of the Cyber Seas

I agree.

But if you feel afraid to ask for fear of looking
dumb, here are two online glossaries that just
might answer your questions for you.  But if
they don't, please ask here.  No one will think
that you are dumb.  We have all been in your
shoes at one time or another.  In my opinion, it
is the smart person who asks questions.  I also
believe that there are no dumb people on this
list.

I know in the case of Cindy Renfrow, her glossary
was started by all the people on this list who
asked questions.  If you ask your question here,
you will get an answer and that answer then will
be added to her glossary.  So in asking your
question, you will help countless people in the
future.  So asking questions is both smart _and_
helpful.

Here is the urls for those glossaries that I
mentioned:

http://www.thousandeggs.com/glossary.html#top

http://www.godecookery.com/glossary/glossary.htm

Huette