[Sca-cooks] Out of the food topic altogetherrantAuthenticitypolice

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 9 15:58:19 PST 2005

--- Jeff Gedney <gedney1 at iconn.net> wrote:

> >Trust me, I know.  I've been getting off-list replies from
> >members of this list for a while now.
>
> There really isnt any reason for people to mutter to each other "Hey! they are using strange
> words, and I dont know what they mean!!"

I'm not sure this comment was taken in context, but I will respond as though it were...

The obscure names ascribed by period authors are not what I was referring to.  I was referring to
comments such as 'why do they feel it is okay to' do such-and-such.  That sounds like the author
is implying that doing a certain thing in any way other than to his/her personal expectation is
somehow *not* okay.  And, since I made my post on the subject, many people on this list have
e-mailed me privately to indicate that this is the same problem they have, and to thank me for
voicing what is obviously a common concern.  Those are the imperical terms I was referring to
("not okay", "cannot", "shouldn't", etc)

WdG

=====
Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.