[Sca-cooks] dealing with mundane cooks

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Wed Feb 9 16:20:18 PST 2005

kingstaste at mindspring.com wrote:

>A copy of Gerard would hurt more :)
>Wish I could help you, I'm having the same sort of problem getting across
>the idea of period research as a valid part of a cook's experience to modern
>chefs myself.  A nice "can I have a moment of your time?" aside that
>involves telling him that it would be wise to sit back and observe how the
>group has become accostomed to doing things before jumping in would be a
>good start.
>Good luck,
>Christianna
>

>Sooner or later, I'm going to butt heads with this guy, because I'm also
>an opinionated bigmouth. Aside from giving free reign to the desire to
>beat him bloody with a cast-iron fry pan and/or a copy of the Viander,
>any suggestions?
>
>--
>-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net

Another possibility would be to introduce him to folks like Adamantius,
a professional cook who is also an expert in period cookery...Maybe if
he talked with Master A for a bit and saw how learning about period
foods and prep methds could give him a greater breadth of repertoire in
modern cooker, he might be a little more reasonable.

Kiri