[Sca-cooks] Pots and Pans

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Wed Feb 9 19:55:51 PST 2005

I have most of a Farberware Millennium set--the frying pan is losing its
coating, so instead of trying to go through hell getting it dealt with, I
just bought a Calphalon to replace it. :-) I have various bits of cast
iron, a wok, and bits of this other brand called Lifetime that my
grandmother gave me (free cookware is never a bad thing). It doesn't
actually suck--it's stainless, and the bottoms are *very* heavy, so they
keep the heat well and evenly.

And then there's this odd aluminum pot that I got from an elderly neighbor
when she passed away--it's from the Economy Aluminum Company, meant to use
no extra water and very low fire (says so on the inside of the lid). It's
amazingly thick, about 3/8", and there's a vent in the lid.

And I have a pressure cooker that I should use more, and a crock pot, and
about a quarter of the pans and such left from my grandfather's bakery
(and how many turk's head molds does one *really* need, anyway) and all my
wedding cake paraphenalia. And I do not own a microwave. Because there is
no counter space for it. :-)

At the moment I can't buy kitchen gadgets because I have nowhere to put
them. I used to stash them in the basement, but we have a tenant now, so
there's no spare room down there. I suppose it's probably a good thing.
;-)

Margaret FitzWilliam