[Sca-cooks] RE: Dutch Recipes was Scary Period Food

henna hennar at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 06:57:23 PST 2005

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 08:57:00 -0500, Jenn Strobel <jenn.strobel at gmail.com> wrote:

> > ***
> > Yes, My persona is Dutch (1550's).  My husband's family from WAAAAAAY back
> > is Dutch - (I think French Hugenot refugees or something)  I have not found
> > any Dutch recipes on the web...I haven't really been looking... but you have
> > intrigued me. :)
>
> Hoi Geertruyt!
>
> There are some Dutch cookbooks on the web, but there aren't that many
> actual redactions.  You should check out Christine Muuser's page
> (http://www.coquinaria.nl/english/) where she does kind of a "recipe
> of the month" and archives them.

also, take a look at Christine Musser's translations from 3
manuscripts: http://www.coquinaria.nl/kooktekst/index.htm
let me now if you get stuck at Dutch texts, I'm a native speaker, and
can read semi-decent middeaval dutch :)

Finne

--
"Maybe you knew early on that your track went from point A to B, but
unlike you I wasn't given a map at birth!" Alyssa, "Chasing Amy"