[Sca-cooks] a Lenten question-

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Feb 10 23:31:12 PST 2005

'Lainie asked:
> It's Fat Tuesday again, and I have a couple of questions-
>
> Has anyone here ever tried doing the full-out medieval Lenten diet,
> during,
> er, Lent?
You mean for more than one feast? What, do you think we are crazy? :-)

Any others cooked Lenten feasts in the SCA? If so, how did you keep
from getting lynched? :-)
Lenten-Fst-mnu-art (9K)  4/ 4/04    The menu for a small feast in Lent
by Brekke
                                        Franksdottir.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEASTS/Lenten-Fst-mnu-art.html

'Lainie, you mentioned wanting to build up your Lenten recipes before
doing this for an entire season. Perhaps this file might help:
Guisados2-art    (116K)  5/28/01    "Libre del Coch". part 2 of 2.
                                        Lenten recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MANUSCRIPTS/Guisados2-art.html

Stefan
--------