[Sca-cooks] a Lenten question-

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Thu Feb 10 23:48:46 PST 2005

At 11:31 PM 2/10/2005, you wrote:
>'Lainie asked:
>>It's Fat Tuesday again, and I have a couple of questions-
>>
>>Has anyone here ever tried doing the full-out medieval Lenten diet,
>>during,
>>er, Lent?
>You mean for more than one feast? What, do you think we are crazy? :-)

Well, here's a hint: If you are getting this post, the chances a pretty
good. Who else would hang out with a bunch of weirdos like us?

>Any others cooked Lenten feasts in the SCA? If so, how did you keep from
>getting lynched? :-)

Edouard did one... last year? A couple years back? I forget. It worked out
well because there were several vegetarian/vegan folk in his local shire,
and there was a lot more for them to eat than usual!

>'Lainie, you mentioned wanting to build up your Lenten recipes before
>doing this for an entire season. Perhaps this file might help:
>Guisados2-art    (116K)  5/28/01    "Libre del Coch". part 2 of 2.
>                                        Lenten recipes.
>http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MANUSCRIPTS/Guisados2-art.html

Thanks for the linky, Stefan- I hadn't gotten that far yet.

'Lainie