[Sca-cooks] a Lenten question-

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Fri Feb 11 06:37:40 PST 2005

I believe that there was something of that sort going on in 16th century
England--ISTR reading something about mandatory fish days being
implemented, or continued or something, even after the switch from
Catholicism, so that the fishing industry would be supported.
--maire, vaguely (but it's pre-caffeine ;-)