[Sca-cooks] Perioid versus period

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Feb 11 17:14:43 PST 2005

Phlip commented, and seeing how I somehow got brought into this
discussion, I'm going to reply:
> > So, I think part of the insight you are looking for is not "why are
> > people afraid of period food?", but "why are people afraid of trying
> > any new food?".
> > Christianna
>
> I suppose that makes a certain amount of sense- I remember as a kid,
> getting
> permission to color everyone's milk with food coloring for April Fools
>  Day,
> and a few kids wouldn't drink it.
Yes, and we've had discussions on this list of the new green? blue?
catsup that is being marketed. I seem to remember that the general
consensus was "yuck, I don't want/I'm not going to eat that".
> And, come to think of it, even a guy like
> Stefan, whom I love dearly, won't eat his vegetables. It just isn't
> sensible- but then, I guess, maybe common sense isn't so common after
> all...
I do eat some vegetables. I'm just choosy about which ones and
sometimes how they are cooked.

I happen to like cilantro and green peppers. But many people here seem
adverse to these and refuse to eat them. There are lots of dishes that
green peppers and cilantro (either together or separately) are good in.
It just isn't sensible.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas