[Sca-cooks] Religious significance of the Canterbury tales?

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sat Feb 12 04:47:39 PST 2005

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> So, what is the religious significance of the Canterbury tales? Just a
> short explanation would be fine. Also, although it is one of the things
> I plan to struggle through some day, I've not read them. So I
> understand that it may be difficult to explain without me having read
> them.

Stefan, "Canterbury Tales" is not something to "struggle through", it's a
great deal of fun and amusement. I'm getting ready to reread them again, for
the sheer pleasure of the stories- rather like I reread "The Hobbit" or
"Gulliver's Travels".

> I do have a copy, maybe two, which I've picked up over time.
> Considering that even Shakespeare is difficult for me to read though,
> does anyone have any recommendations on particular translations or
> editions? 'Lainie?

Make sure you have an edition that has either a line by line translation, or
at least a facing page translation. They tend to be more accurate- I've
noticed that books that simply give you a translation tend to take
liberties.

Saint Phlip,
CoD

 Blacksmith's credo.