[Sca-cooks] a Lenten question-

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sat Feb 12 09:43:41 PST 2005

Curiously, there is some current scholarly work based on document evaluation
of Paul's writings that suggests that most if not all of Paul's condemnation
of women was written by other parties and that Paul was radical in his ideas
on equality and the structure of Christian of Christian society.  There is
evidence that there was a social equality between men and women in the early
Christian Church which was forced into the modern patriarchal form to make
the religion more palatable to Roman society.

There are a couple of books, one dealing with Jesus and the more recent with
Paul that present the evidence and the arguments.  I don't recall the author
or titles offhand, because it is not a specific interest of mine.

Bear