[Sca-cooks] Reproduction pottery

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 13 23:29:53 PST 2005

--- Elaine Koogler <ekoogler1 at comcast.net> wrote:

> Huette von Ahrens wrote:
>
> >--- Johnna Holloway
> ><johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu> wrote:
> >

> >>Those seeking quality reproduction pottery
> >>might be
> >>interested in knowing that John Hudson now
> has
> >>a website.
> >>http://www.hudsonclaypotter.com/index.php
> >>
> >>He is the author of the essay on
> "Reproduction
> >>pottery
> >>for use in historical Cooking" that appeared
> in
> >>Feeding a
> >>City: York. Prospect Books 2000. He also gave
> >>an interesting
> >>demonstration at the 2004 Leeds Symposium on
> >>cooking
> >>in reproduction pottery.
> >>
> >>Johnnae
> >>

> >He does good work.  So does my apprentice, THL
> >Artemesia di Serena.  Here is her website:
> >
> >http://www.rakurakutei.com/
> >
> >for those in Lochac, here is the website of
> >Master Alex the Potter:
> >

>http://merchants-medieval.com/FlamingGargoyle/index.html
> >
> >Both are currently in Caid, but will be
> leaving
> >soon for Estrella War on Tuesday.
> >
> >I can't find a website for him, but Master
> >Hroar Stormgengr of StarHammer Arts Magickal
> >from MidRealm does great reproduction pottery
> >also.
> >
> >Huette
> >

> IIRC, Mercy is one of Master Hroar's
> apprentices, correct?  I have
> corresponded with her on the Japanese
> list...she was working with making
> period Japanese pottery, and was doing a
> wonderful job!

Yes, Artemesia is Hroar's apprentice also.
He is her primary Laurel and I am her local
Laurel.

> There's another fellow, whose name I can't
> remember, but he shows up at
> Pennsic, has his shop in the half-timbered
> building with Billy &
> Charlie, the guys who do the pewter badges,
> etc.  Also...I think I
> remember that Mistress Helewyse was working on
> period goodies as well....

Yes, she does, although I don't have a website
URL for her work.  Mistress Olga is another,
IIRC.  I believe there will be a lot of potters
at Estrella this year.  I wish I could go. :-(

Huette

> Kiri

=====
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for
they shall never cease to be amused.