[Sca-cooks] eels, veering largely OT

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 13 23:43:50 PST 2005

--- Sue Clemenger <mooncat at in-tch.com> wrote:

> IIRC, and I could be wrong, the closest we get
> to commercial fisheries
> or fish farms in this state are the hatcheries
> for trout and such.  We
> have amazing sport fishing though....if you
> ever saw the movie, "A River
> Runs Through It," that was based in Missoula.
> ;-)
>
> This all means, to try and get this back
> on-topic, that we rarely get
> fish for feasts, as it's just completely out of
> our price range.  Lamb,
> occasionally, or goat, if someone's selling an
> extra kid, and we've even
> done the whole roasted pig a time or two, but
> mostly we end up sticking
> with beef, chicken, and sometimes pork.
> --maire, in a mood to meander, so she
> apologizes for the lengthy dribble ;-)

But if you have such good sport fishing, why
don't your banquets have freshwater fish in
them?  I can understand that saltwater fish
would be expensive, but couldn't a couple of
your members who fish catch enough for a banquet?
If your group paid for their fishing licenses,
etc.?  I love trout.  Yummmm.  I don't recall
ever having freshwater bass, but sea bass is
delish also.

Huette

=====
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for
they shall never cease to be amused.