[Sca-cooks] eels, veering largely OT

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Sun Feb 13 23:59:06 PST 2005

At 11:43 PM 2/13/2005, you wrote:

>But if you have such good sport fishing, why
>don't your banquets have freshwater fish in
>them?  I can understand that saltwater fish
>would be expensive, but couldn't a couple of
>your members who fish catch enough for a banquet?
>If your group paid for their fishing licenses,
>etc.?

When's the last time you went fishing, Huette? It's never something you can
count on- you can throw the lure all day and still not bring something
home. And the next day you may limit. You can't plan for a feast like that.
And it you just had everyone fill their freezer, well, then it's frozen,
and you might as well buy it from a wholesaler.

My ex-husband is a serious sport fisherman. And he's pretty good at it. And
yes, sometimes he'd limit out and we'd feast on fish that evening and fill
the freezer with the rest. But most often a fishing trip meant that we'd
have macaroni and cheese for dinner.

'Lainie