[Sca-cooks] eels

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 13:00:28 PST 2005

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 07:45:37 -0800, Susan Fox-Davis
<selene at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Many very delicious fishes and other seafood are revolting looking in
> their natural state.  Who first looked at a scary pinchy lobster and
> said "I bet them's good eats?"  Then there's the John Dory fish.  FUGLY
> but transcendantly tasty.  <http://thefoody.com/basic/fishjl.html>
>
> Selene

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/fisheries/recreational/articles/monkfish.html

Or the evil looking but very tasty Monkfish :-)

I got my copy of Martino today, perused it.  I am not overly impressed with
the modern redactions, but they look good.  I wish it had facing pages in
italian like Platina does in latin (or at least Milham's compliled and
modernized latin).

Other than that it looks like a good buy.

Cadoc

                                    - William Gibson