[Sca-cooks] a Lenten question, and a frivolous answer

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Tue Feb 15 17:39:56 PST 2005

At 05:19 PM 2/15/2005, you wrote:

>Dear Lainie,
>
>Easter Week is EASY; that's the week AFTER Easter, and we're feasting on
>our new cheeses, fresh meats, & egg dishes.  It's Passiontide (the week
>BEFORE Easter) that's hard!

Yeah, well silly me- I meant the week before Easter. Not being raised in
the tradition (the churches we attended when I was a kid were into the
fancy production Easter musicals, complete with dry-ice mist and a
good-looking blond with a beard to play Jesus) my terminology was off.

Most annoying- I realized that I will be attending a wedding the day before
Easter- I can't/won't skip it because the groom is one of my dearest
friends- but skipping the goodies at the reception is going to be HARD! I
hardly think it's in any way like the real privations of the medieval
Lenten diet, but it will certainly be an inconvenience! (Maybe I can get a
piece of cake to take home and eat later...)

'Lainie