[Sca-cooks] Reproduction pottery

Louise Smithson helewyse at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 16 11:25:22 PST 2005

Yes a tegame like that, the problem with pictures on the web is always one of scale.  Exactly how thick are the walls, how wide is it, how tall is it?  Once you track down the right publication (usually archaeological dig reports) you can get the answers to all that and more.  They draw really good pictures, all to scale, nice cross sections, plus they tell you about the pot, what type of clay, whether it has soot on it or not, whether there is glaze on the inside or not.  I'm a bit of a perfectionist I like to have good pictures to work from . The ones in scappi are OK but not enough.

Helewyse

A tegame something like this one?
http://www.comune.broccostella.fr.it/galleria02.php

I dont know if it is reproduction or not or what the provenance is... I cant read the Italian very well.

Capt Elias
-Renaissance Geek of the Cyber Seas