[Sca-cooks] recipes without honey

Alexa mysticgypsy1008 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 17 19:22:11 PST 2005

Depending on how bad the condition is , would depend
on how tolerant the person is of any form of sugar,
honey, refined sugar or naturally occuring sugar. Also
if that person is on medication for the disease.  Many
 of the recommended diets from the ADA do show sugars
in various forms, usually in the form of fruit and
fruit juice.  The trick is to spread it out over the
day instead of concentrating it into one meal if that
makes sense. And also having a well rounded meal of
proteins, etc.  As someone else has mentioned.

Due to the recent move, still unpacking, I have yet to
find my ADA diets and forms.  I do have my dietetic
text  books.  (since we are in the relatively same
area,-you or anyone else are more then welcome to look
thru them.)

As far as with feasts, unless every single dish is a
sweet dish, like a dessert revel or something, a taste
here and there balanced with the meats would of course
be safer than the have the entire portion of the sweet
dish and nothing else.

I have yet to hear of a diabetic having problems with
spices like cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg or cloves which
we know are your more sweet spices.

just my 2 cents worth
Alexa