[Sca-cooks] Re: Coffyns

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Thu Feb 17 19:35:28 PST 2005

This is true of every manor, castle, and estate in the manorial system.
They all maintained a kitchen and many a bakery which fed the staff when the
household was not in residence and fed the noble household when it was in
residence.  Noble households often had as part of the immediate retinue a
cook and baker who would travel in advance of the household to prepare the
kitchen and pantry for the arriving noble.

Plain fare to high feast, the manors were self contained estates that
usually didn't need to get food or food stocks from a town.

Bear