[Sca-cooks] Re: Coffyns

UlfR ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
Thu Feb 17 22:14:58 PST 2005

Micheal <dmreid at hfx.eastlink.ca> [2005.02.17] wrote:
> I working away in my kitchen one day when a thought hit me.  It hurt (
> before anyone else gets it)You know they had pots and pans made by hand.
> Why wouldn`t they have used such for a shaping mold.  Flip the pot  bottom
> side up. Take the pastry throw it on top of your cleanest pot of appropiate

Because said pot -- unless you specially cleaned it -- would have an
outer covering of soot and various resins from the wood used to cook.
This is a job that takes time (I would not be surprised if the local
carpenter could make a wooden form in less time), and also lowers the
efficency of the pot (because the bright metal has a poorer black body
behaviour).

UlfR

UlfR Ketilson                               ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
The slowns as musion see therty he red he turrivainis.