[Sca-cooks] My experience with the Savory Tosted Cheese Contest

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Feb 20 00:40:59 PST 2005

More on an older thread:
Gunthar commented:
> I think that if they wanted to reward that then the
> "Cheese/meat stew" that Pug submitted should have
> won. He stuck with the original recipe and presented
> a very interesting variant on it. But still staying within
> the boundries of the original recipe.
Yes, this was one of the more unusual ones. Personally I'm not sure I
agree with the amount of meat used or even if meat was meant to be in
there and not just meat juices. Particularly with "Cheese" in the
title. However, it might be nice to see the redactions. If for nothing
else but to put them in the cheese-goo-msg file in the Florilegium to
show other possible redactions of the recipe.
> But, to prevent me from sounding too stuffy, it sounds
> like it was fun. Bryn Gwlad is famous for introducing the
> notorious "Cheese Goo" to the kingdom.
Actually, I believe that the credit really goes to Mistress Clarissa
who brought it down from the East Kingdom. I think her original
redaction for this, based on Cariadoc's, can be found in the
cheese-goo-msg file in the Florilegium.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas