[Sca-cooks] Mongol measure?

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 08:12:43 PST 2005

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 10:37:42 -0500, Phlip <phlip at 99main.com> wrote:

> Worse- if it's a recipe, you need that many cleaned gerbils. Can you imagine
> trying to slaughter and prep between 2000 and 2400 (figuring 1 oz dressed
> weight, and using 133-150 lbs as a range) gerbils? It was a chore
> slaughtering and dressing 3 dozen rabbits for Ras' feast a few years back.
>
> Saint Phlip,
> CoD

I avoided that part of those projects, I grew up killing and cleaning animals.
No need to do it to make my SCA life complete.

They might be a larger 3oz free range gerbil.... you'd only need a mere 709
of the buggers caught and cleaned....a job for the children!

I steeled myself and searched for "gerbil meat"  this is what I found

http://www.corg.org/story.htm

Go on, it's safe.

Cadoc
(really, it is....)