[Sca-cooks] fire-irons/salamanders and torches

Nancy Kiel nancy_kiel at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 21 15:37:33 PST 2005

When I've used salamanders, I had to get them red-hot, and they tended to
not hold the heat long enough to "brulee" regular 9" pie-size dishes,
therefore requiring repeated heating.  Unless you're doing it for the period
experience, save time and use the blowtorch.

Nancy Kiel
nancy_kiel at hotmail.com
Never tease a weasel!
This is very good advice.