[Sca-cooks] Fw: More gerbil madness

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Tue Feb 22 17:55:18 PST 2005

Craig Jones wrote:

> > So, there you have it. Wherever your friend got the
> > recipe, it was essentially ripped off from "Soup for
> > the Qan", with some minor stuff added and changed
> > so that it might "look" authentic.
>
> And I'm really glad of this... I already have a lot of
> trouble convincing friends and household to try Mongolian
> food.  Serving up gerbils (not that you can get marmots,
> gerbils, or hamsters here at all (rabbits were bad enough,
> small rodents would probably breed here like tribbles) is
> likely to push the whole lot screaming over a culinary
> abyss...

Perhaps if you started them off easy on a nice low angle
slope ... such as "Rat on a Stick".

I've quoted a good bunch of ideas
... a bunch of good ideas
... still doesn't sound quite right
... I have _no_ idea why.  <g>

Anyway, all that I have is quoted (from the 'Time of No
Archives') is a little further down in this message...

> I've just got them eating the nicer recipes from ASFTQ
> and drinking kumiss (bastardized from Cow's milk).
> Gerbils? Nyuh...
>
> Drakey.

Vincenzo