[Sca-cooks] Fw: More gerbil madness

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue Feb 22 22:12:51 PST 2005

I know that, thanks.  I guess I didn't make it clear that I was punning
on both meanings of the "sound" of the word...what are those? when two
words sound alike but mean different things?
My other female cat, at the time, was named after Sofonisba Anguissola
(she's Sofi, and has a white splotch on her nose, like paint), and my
male cat, eventually named Mack by my sister, came perilously close to
be named Quince, since he's a marmalade cat.  Sofi's brother (deceased
for a long time now) was named Tivi, after Titivilus, since he liked to
watch me practice calligraphy.
Since Curye is my most food-oriented cat, AND she likes modern curry
spices, and I have a well-developed predilection for puns and wierd
historical names for my pets, she was named "Curye."
She also, bless her, has kind of a spicy personality! ;-)
--maire