[Sca-cooks] (1994) Milk and Milk Products from Medieval toModernTimes

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Thu Feb 24 08:01:39 PST 2005

[attributions restored]

Craig Jones wrote:

> Johnna Holloway <johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu> wrote:
>
> >What you could do is just ask the librarian
> >with the odd collection that's piled up here--
>
> I've always been deeply suspicious of librarians...
> I'm sure they're all secretly plotting to take over
> the world...
>
> EvilDrakey.

Please remember that Platina is remembered for being
the first librarian of the Papal library.  In the
following citation, referenced as the Latin Library.

Some sources say he catalogued about 2500 entries.

... and had his picture put on the fresco ...

Please follow the link and scroll down to the last
entry to view

"Melozzo da Forli"; 1477
http://www.philipresheph.com/a424/gallery/piclib/piclib3.htm

Platina is kneeling in front of the pope and pointing to
his name on the plaque.  How _very_ Italian is that?  <g>

It's worth the download time to view the full image after
clicking on the thumb.

<geek>
BTW, as you view the full image, you might be asked to
download and install an image viewer.  It seems cool to
allow that.  I haven't seen any ill effects ... yet.  <g>

On the plus side, you have control of the image size
... at 200% I can easily see (but not translate --
Hint!, Hint!) the Latin inscription on the fresco.
</geek>

I am,
Vincenzo Martino Mazza,
In Service to the Dream

--
Martin G. Diehl

My Gallery on Renderosity -- a 3D Artist's Community
http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=MGD

So much wisdom and knowledge -- so little time and bandwidth.

"Thou plenty hast, yet me dost scant"
--John Dowland; "The First Booke of Songs"; 1597

Reality: That which remains after you stop thinking about it.
--inspired by P. K. Dick