[Sca-cooks] culinary lavender

Samrah auntie_samrah at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 24 16:35:09 PST 2005

Usually we are talking English Lavender, but I believe French would work.  I have never tried using Spanish.  If we are talking period cooking, if memory serves Spanish may be OOP.  The main thing is to make sure it has been raised properly, without toxic type chemicals.  Dried lavender is available is available in cellophane packages in the botanical/teas section of Mexican markets.  Usually when using lavender one only uses the flower portion of the plant, so sweet would not seem to be of particular value to me, but if it is what you have growing in your garden....

Samrah

Michael Acord <mpacord at earthlink.net> wrote:
I have come across a number of recipes calling for dried lavender
flowers, but have not yet tried any of them. I have tried to determine
which of the many varieties of lavender to use (French, English,
Spanish, sweet, etc.), but am uncertain as to which is best. Any
suggestions? TYIA.
Mike Acord