[Sca-cooks] a Lenten question-

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Feb 24 23:53:31 PST 2005

Selene commented:
> I keep threatening to do a grand Fish Feast for seafood lovers only.
>   Maybe not during Lent though, so we can use other animal products and
> fats, eggs, frying media, etc.  "Just call me Friar Duck!"

Ooh. I *like* this idea. But I'm afraid I would be going alone or my
lady wife would be eating offboard, unless the fish were fish sticks.
:-(

Here are a pair of Florilegium files on the subject of fish feasts:
feasts-fish-msg   (24K)  2/19/04    Serving fish at SCA feasts.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEASTS/feasts-fish-msg.html
fish-feast-art     (6K)  3/29/00    Details and recipes for a mid-Lent
                                        "fish feast" by Rudd Rayfield.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEASTS/fish-feast-art.html

Stefan
--------