[Sca-cooks] Christianna's (was Cadoc's) thoughts on the lenten diet.

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Sun Feb 27 06:50:01 PST 2005

I've been doing the lenten diet thing for the past week.
<snip>
Cadoc

	Glad to hear your progress.  I have been looking at the calendar and
thinking that I need to start gettting some menu ideas together for the week
I'm planning on doing this.  I already eschew dairy, beef, and wheat, so it
shouldn't be much of a shock to my system either, although the wheat thing
might be a challenge (sometimes I have a reaction to other similar grains
such as barley and rye, although oats are usually ok).  I made a blancmange
for my Renaissance class last week (the second mould is going to the Oscar
party tonight) and was wondering how it would be with some whitefish instead
of the chicken meat.  I just got a food delivery from Blue Ribbon, so I have
a freezer full of fish to experiment with.
	I was also thinking about the timing of meals.  From teaching my Breakfasts
class, I know that nothing was generally eaten until mid-day, or at the very
least until after morning Mass.  Now, I am not a Christian, and do not
pretend to be (although my persona pretends to be), so do not wish to get up
in the morning to say prayers.  However, a bit of spiritual time at the
beginning of the day would be in keeping with the spirit of the exercise.  I
know it is way off, but I'm thinking of getting up and doing some yoga each
morning.  As I'll be off to work most of that week, this will not only be a
change, but a real challenge, as getting up early is never my strong suit.
Getting up early enough and having the discipline to do this will certainly
be a test of my fortitude!
	How is everyone else doing?  Are there other holdouts that are waiting
until the week before Easter like me?
	Christianna
Subject: [Sca-cooks] Cadoc's thoughts on the lenten diet.