[Sca-cooks] A college class... on Coffee

Pat mordonna22 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 27 20:05:19 PST 2005

Wassail wasn't a holiday tradition?

Mordonna

"Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius" <adamantius.magister at verizon.net> wrote:
>Although it was a holiday tradition and not an everyday thing,
>perhaps wassail is another, similar tradition. And that does go way
>back.

I dunno, maybe you're reversing something in your logical sequence. I
don't think these were holiday dishes/beverages in period, but have
since become associated with them. It's kind of like, how many
non-SCAdians make gingerbread in the summertime? I think it may be
more likely that we remember our old traditions around the holiday
season.

Adamantius
--

Pat Griffin