[Sca-cooks] OT...OOP....

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 28 07:24:03 PST 2005

>There's a whole theory about that social change....from drinking/consuming
>sedative beverages (alcohol) to drinking beverages that contain "pick me
>ups", and the rise of the teetotal movements, etc. , together with the rise
>of industrialism. It's really very interesting, although unfortunately
>completely OT and OOP for this list.
>--maire, history buff

<sigh> No. It is OOP, yes. But not OT. This list isn't just about
period food. Or even strictly SCA stuff. It's about food and people
who like it and like to talk about it. Discussing the rise of coffee
and the culture of coffee is acceptable in my book. Especially since
coffee is so much a part of many of our lives and the history of
coffee and the culture is a fascinating subject. Discussing the Mars
Rover missions is OT and OOP. But we still do it.

History is never OT around this place.

Gunthar