[Sca-cooks] coffin or pie

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 28 17:43:08 PST 2005

Very nice.  I liked the lymphad on it as well :)
I've got to get a digital camera.  I did a blancmange last night that came
out really pretty (I was standing in my kitchen, studding a blancmange with
cloves and thinking "this is something everyone does, right?  At least the
SCA Cooks would understand...").  I did a sunburst of saffron threads in the
center, which was an exercise in serious conspicuous consumption, as I was
selecting the longest, most perfect and deep red threads to use.
As for your coffin, I always got the impression that eating the crust was
along the lines of the trenchers after a meal.  Edible, tasty even, but
considered low class to eat it, and destined for the almoner's basket for
the poor.
Christianna