[Sca-cooks] Sated Tyger, Battlefield Bakery and early Pennsics

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Jan 23 00:43:00 PST 2005

"Old Marian" commented:
> Oh.  Well, I joined this list within the last month and have only
> posted a few times.  By way of introduction, within the SCA, I am
> Marian of Edwinstowe (now often known as Old Marian) of the
> Barony of Carolingia, East Kingdom.  I have been cooking in the
> SCA for some 30 years.  At one time I managed the Sated Tyger, a
> cookshop at early Pennsics, and later Battlefield Bakery, also at
> Pennsic.  I believe this is what Adamantius refers to.
When you first joined this list, I recognized your name and the name of
your two establishments at the early Pennsics from previous comments on
this list and others. Again, Welcome to SCA-Cooks. You have a
reputation of having provided more period food then than anyone is
coming close to, at least commercially, even now.

I do have a Florilegium file which contains various comments and
recollections of the early Pennsics and remarks on how things have
changed:
P-history-msg     (88K)  5/21/04    Pennsic history.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PENNSIC/P-history-msg.html

If you ever have the time and interest to read through this file, I'd
love to have your comments, additions or corrections to add to this
file. My first Pennsic was Pennsic 21 and by then many things had
changed and there were already 8000+ people attending. I like to get
the comments of the folks who were there in the early days, of either
Pennsic or the SCA, so that others can see how things have changed and
the Society has some record of those days.

Thanks,
    Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas